BITSAT i.e. Birla Institute of Technology Aptitude Test is an entrance exam conducted by BITS i.e. Birla Institute of Technology and Science. It is an online computer-based test for admission in all the entire integrated first-degree program courses offered by the institute in its Pilani, Hyderabad, and Goa campuses. The BITSAT exam is usually held in May or June. It is applicable for Engineering courses as well as Bachelor’s course in Pharmacy.
- Candidate needs to pass your 10 + 2 examinations from a Central or a State recognized board or its equivalents.
- Candidate needs to have Physics, Chemistry, and Maths as main subjects in class 11 and 12.
- For the Bachelor’s in Pharmacy course, candidates can have Biology as a primary subject instead of Math.
- Candidate should have obtained at least an aggregate percentage of 75% in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths/Biology board exams.
- Candidates also need to have no less than 60% marks in any of the three main subjects (PCM or PCB).
- The candidate needs to be proficient in English to give the exam.
- Candidates are eligible for the BITSAT exam if they have given their board exams a year before the BITSAT or in the same year as the BITSAT.
- There is a special eligibility criterion for National and State board toppers. Board Toppers are given direct admission into a program of their choice irrespective of their BITSAT score, provided that they meet the above-mentioned criteria.
HOW TO APPLY?
- You can only apply for the BITSAT online. The application form is available at http://www.bitsadmission.com. One will fill the application form online and pay the prescribed fee for the form. It is advisable to take a print out of the completed form for future reference. One can choose the date and time for the examination as per their convenience. Once you reserve the date and time, you have to download the ‘Hall ticket’ along with the instructions before appearing for the exam.
- In addition to applying and appearing for the BITSAT, one has to apply for admission to BITS through a separate application form known as ‘Admission Application’ for seeking admission to programs offered at Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad campuses along with the details of their class 12th board exam results and course choices.
- A print out of this admission form (completed) along with the required application fee has to be sent to the following address: The Admissions Officer, BITS, Pilani – 333 031, Rajasthan.
Pattern of Examination
- It is an online test and the candidate has to sit in front of a computer and answer questions.
- It is unlike a Pen and Paper-based test and will not be offered to all the candidates on the exam time.
- The exam is of 3 hours (without break). The question paper consists of 150 questions divided into four parts:
Part I: Physics (40 questions)
Part II: Chemistry (40 questions)
Part III: (a) English Proficiency (15 questions)
(b) Logical Reasoning (10 questions)
Part IV: Mathematics / Biology (For B.Pharm) (45 questions)
- All questions will be objective and in the multiple-choice. Each question will have four answers to choose from, with only one option being correct. Each correct answer will fetch 3 marks.
- It is advisable that candidates only attempt the questions they’re sure about as there will be negative marking and will deduct one mark from their total score.
- If a candidate answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), the candidate will have an option of attempting 12 extra questions, if there is still time left. These questions will give highly meritorious candidates an opportunity to score higher. There will be negative marking for these questions as well.
- Once candidates choose to attempt the 12 extra questions, they will not be able to go back and change the answers to any of the previous 150 questions.
- Once candidates complete the test, the computer will announce their score. They can also print this score once they complete all their tests from the BITS website.
- Candidates will be admitted on the basis of their BITSAT score only.
WHAT TO DO AFTER RESULTS?
- As mentioned above, in the ‘How to Apply’ section, candidates will have to submit an online ‘Admission Application’ to enroll themselves in a course offered at a particular BITS campus.
- Candidates have to fill the form by making their choices from the ones that are available. They will make these choices based on the courses they wish to pursue.
- It is advisable to get the all details of the campus that you choose.
- In case you’re allotted a seat on the basis of your score, you will need to report to the institute in due time and get your documents verified as well as submit the admission fee to confirm your seat.
- Further information regarding the admission procedure, visit the following websites: http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/ and http://www.bitsadmission.com/.
2020 BITSAT EXAM DATE
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all examinations including BITSAT were postponed. Although the BITSAT exam date is fixed between May and June, this year’s exam date is 16 to 20 SEPTEMBER 2020.
BITS is one of India’s most reputed and prestigious institutions. It is a deemed university under section 3 of the UGC act and consists of four campuses (Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai) and provides world-class education in Engineering and Science. All campuses offer the same degrees. It is one of the most competitive institutions in India and provides residential facilities as well as practical training. The Dubai campus has other criteria also. To know, visit the official website by clicking here.
To read about INDIAN NAVY click here.