CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test which is conducted at the national level. It is a centralized national level entrance exam basically for admission to NLUs.
LATEST NEWS: The CNLUs (Consortium of National Law Universities) has released the CLAT 2021 application form on January 1, 2021. The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) will be conducted on May 9, 2021, offline (pen and paper mode) by CNLU. There will be a common application form for both CLAT PG and UG. CNLU will issue the CLAT 2021 admit card to successfully registered candidates tentatively in the 3rd week of April. The admit card of CLAT 2021 will inform about the roll number and test center details including the timings of the exam.
THE OFFICIAL SITE OF CLAT IS: https://consortiumofnlus.ac.in/
- 01 January 2021 – 31 March 2021: Application | Mode: Online
- 19 April 2021 (Tentative): Admit Card | Mode: Online
- 09 May 2021: Exam | Mode: Offline
APPLICATION PROCESS OF CLAT 2021
MODE OF APPLICATION: ONLINE
PAYMENT METHOD: NET BANKING/ DEBIT CARD/ CREDIT CARD
- General/ OBC/ PwD/ NRI/ PIO/ OCI category: Rs 4000
- SC/ST/BPL category: Rs 3500
The application form for CLAT 2021 is available from 1st of January 2021 online on consortiumofnlus.ac.in. Candidates willing to appear for the exam need to fill and submit the application form before the 31st of March 2021. In order to fill the application form, the candidates will have to register at the CLAT login portal. The detailed application procedure of CLAT 2021 is explained below on naukripakad.com :
a) REGISTRATION: The very first step involved in the application form is that the candidate needs to register by filling in basic entries like name, email id, mobile number, etc.
b) RELEVANT DETAILS: The application form has various details which are relevant to be filled like personal details, academic details, and contact details. The candidate will also be required to select the program of study (CLAT UG or PG), and their choice of NLUs in the order of priority. The list of NLUs will be given in a drop-down menu, from which the candidate may make selections and set a priority list.
SEE ALL NLUs NAME HERE: www.naukripakad.com/what-is-clat/
c) UPLOAD ASKED DOCUMENTS: It is mandatory to upload scanned copies of photograph, signature, and other documents in the prescribed specification
- PHOTGRAPGH: 500 KB (size) and jpg/ jpeg (format)
- SIGNATURE: 100 KB (size) and jpg/ jpeg (format)
- STATE DOMICILE CERTIFICATE: 2 MB (size) and pdf (format)
- In the case where candidates fill the application form but he/ she doesn’t meet the eligibility criteria, then the candidate might be disqualified at any stage of the admission process.
- One must fill the CLAT application form only if they meet the prescribed eligibility criteria.
- During the document verification process of CLAT counseling 2021, all details entered in the application form will be re- verified by the counselors. Exam officials will demand originals of all essential documents to be produced before them. In case they find any inconsistency in the information shared in the application form, the candidate most likely would be disqualified from further admission processes.
- Seat allotment will be based on the merit rank of the candidate in the online exam, simply meeting the eligibility criteria is no guarantee for admission.
Highlights of CLAT 2021
- CONDUCTION BODY: Consortium of National Law Universities (CNLUs).
- NUMBER OF EXAMS: 1 per year
- EXAMINATION LEVEL: National Level
- LANGUAGE OF QUESTION PAPER: English
- MODE OF APPLICATION: Online
- MODE OF PAYMENT: Online
- MODE OF EXAMINATION: Offline
- EXAM DURATION: 2 hours
- NUMBER OF SEATS: 2596 seats
- MODE OF COUNSELLING: Online
- NUMBER OF PARTICIPATION COLLEGES: 99
ELIGIBILTY DEATILS OF CLAT 2021
The Consortium of NLUs has prescribed the eligibility criteria for both CLAT UG and CLAT PG. Below mentioned are the eligibility details:
CLAT UG Eligibility criteria 2021
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: The candidate should have passed 12th or any equivalent exam from a recognized board or college. The candidates appearing in the qualifying exam may also appear in the Common Law Admission Test. However, such candidates will be offered admissions only if they fulfill the other parameters of the eligibility criteria.
- QUALIFYING EXAM: General category candidates need a minimum of 45% marks in the qualifying exam whereas SC and ST candidates need only 40% marks.
- AGE LIMIT: There is no upper age limit for appearing in CLAT 2021
CLAT PG Eligibility criteria 2021
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: The candidate should have complete LLB graduation (3-year LLB or 5-year integrated LLB) from a university recognized by the Bar Council of India. Candidates appearing in the final year/semester of their graduation in 2021 are also eligible to appear in the examination.
- QUALIFYING EXAM: The candidate must score at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam whereas the SC and ST candidates are required to score at least 45% marks in the graduation (qualifying exam).
- AGE LIMIT: There is no age limit for appearing in CLAT LLM.
CLAT 2021 EXAM DETAILS
TYPE OF QUESTIONS: CLAT UG- Objective type test
CLAT PG- Objective + Subjective type test
NUMBER OF QUESTIONS: CLAT UG- 150 MCQs
CLAT PG- 120 MCQs (No subjective questions
EXAM DURATION: 2 hours
MARKING SCHEME: Negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect
CLAT 2021 EXAMINATION CENTRE
- UTTAR PRADESH
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- New Delhi
- Jammu and Kashmir
- West Bengal
- Himachal Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh