Rishikesh also spelled as Hrishikesh, is in the Dehradun district of the Indian state Uttarakhand, basically located in the foothills of the Himalayas in northern India.
Rishikesh is also known as the “Yoga Capital of the World” and “Gateway to the Garhwal Himalayas”. It is the most attractive place for the tourist due to its history and culture. Rishikesh is famous all over the world and the people keep visiting the city from different parts of India all throughout the year. Naukripakad.com brings out the 2021 most famous places to visit this year.
Read Most Popular Tourist Place of Rishikesh, Uttrakhand
- THE BEATLESS ASHRAM: The famous pop band Beatless visited this ashram in 1968 since then it is famously known as the Beatless Ashram and this ashram is still considered to be the coolest place to explore. During the period of 1960s and 1970s, as the International Academy of Meditation, it was the training center for students of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, who devised the Transcendental Meditation technique.
- ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES: Rishikesh is considered the most famous place in India for adventures. Some companies have made fun activities like river rafting, tracking, cliff jumping, bungee jumping, etc. that are worth experiencing. If you visit Rishikesh, then you must be a part of these activities.
- GANGA AARTI: In India, Ganga aarti is famous only in three places, first is the Rishikesh one and another two are in Haridwar and Varanasi (Banaras). The Ganga aarti takes place every evening at the side of the Ganga river at many places like Laxman Jhula, Parmarth Niketan Ashram, etc. The aarti is very traditional and has great importance among the Hindus.
4. MEDITATE AT HEALTH SPA: Rishikesh is considered as the YOGA CAPITAL OF THE WORLD. Then it is obvious that if you visit Rishikesh then should engage yourself in meditation practice. Meditation practices are held twice a day, one in the morning and the other in the evening. The yoga practice will give peace and tranquility.
5. TANTRA FESTIVAL: Tantra is basically a Sanskrit-derived word in which ‘tan’ means ‘to expand’ or ‘to weave’. Tantra is also termed as ‘Yoga of Jubilance’ as it is a weaving together of yoga practices and spiritual styles and teachings. The world-famous Tantra festival of Rishikesh (World Yoga capital) has been organized this year from 11th of March this year (arrival) till 17th of March (departure). The Tantra festival will be celebrated at Nirvana River Resort in Rishikesh to give the people complete enjoyment of the beauty of nature. People are very enthusiastic about this festival as it gives complete peace to your soul, enhances your physical and spiritual growth, and also helps you to make a stronger relationship with your partner. It is very favorable for the people who want a nonchalant surrounding.
6. LAKSHMAN JHULA: One must visit Lakshman Jhula once if they go to Rishikesh. It is a 90-year-old bridge that still stands strong there. It is very famous outside India, and tourists do visit this Jhula if they come to Rishikesh.
7. CAFE HOPPING: Due to a lot of tourists paying their visit to Rishikesh, the city is filled with many quaint eateries. One must explore the different cuisines at different local restaurants or pretty hippie cafes.
These are the seven best places that you must visit and do in Rishikesh this year. So what are you waiting for? Just go and plan your trip!
READ ABOUT TOP 5 TREKS FOR WINTER SEASON TO HAVE FUN: www.naukripakad.com/top-five-himalayan-treks-for-winter-season-to-have-fun/