SSC also termed as Staff Selection Commission is a body drafted under the Government of India for the recruitment of staff for various posts in the various ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in Subordinate offices.
SSC currently functions as a subordinate office of DOPT and is mainly engaged in conducting competitive exams for recruitment to various posts in the SSC departments, organizations. In the previous years, SSC has conducted various exams as given below
- SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination (SSC CGL)
- SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam (SSC CHSL)
- Junior Engineer
- Junior Hindi Translator
- SSC GD Constable
- Selection Post
- SI (Central Police Organization)
- SSC Multitasking Staff
- Stenographer C & D
The exam syllabus of the SSC CGL exam is covered in this section below in the simplest manner possible:
The exam of SSC CGL is conducted in four tiers:
- Tier I- Computer Based Examination
- Tier II- Computer Based Examination
- Tier III- Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- Tier IV- Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification.
Tier I comprises four sections-
- English Comprehension skills
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- One Word Substitution
- Vocab and grammar skills
- Spotting the errors
- Reading comprehension
- Sentence Rearrangement/Para Jumbles
2. General Awareness
- History- Harappa Civilization, Vedic culture, Medieval India and their important systems
- India’s freedom movement and their leaders
- Geography- about countries and their geographical details, Famous Seaport and Airport, and their location.
- General Knowledge
- Current affairs
- GET SSC GD SYLLABUS HERE: https://www.naukripakad.com/ssc-gd-syllabus/
- GET SSC JE SYLLABUS HERE: https://www.naukripakad.com/ssc-je-syllabus/
- GET SSC CPO SYLLABUS HERE: https://www.naukripakad.com/ssc-cpo-syllabus/
- GET SSC CHSL SYLLABUS HERE: https://www.naukripakad.com/ssc-chsl-syllabus/
- KNOW WHAT IS IN SSC HERE: https://www.naukripakad.com/what-is-in-ssc/
- GET SSC MTS & STENOGRAPHER SYLLABUS HERE: https://www.naukripakad.com/ssc-mts-stenographer-syllabus/
3. Quantitative Aptitude
- Number System Problems
- Ratio & Proportion
- Square roots
- Complementary angles
- Heights and Distances
- Data analysis
4. General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Symbolic/Number Analogy, Semantic Classification
- Symbolic/Number Classification
- Space Visualization
- Venn Diagrams
- Drawing inferences
The SSC CGL syllabus for Tier-II has 4 papers:
- English Language & Comprehension
- Active and Passive Voice
- Direct and indirect Speech conversion and narration
- Shuffling of sentence parts in passages
- Comprehension passage
2. Quantitative Aptitude
- Number System Problems
- Time and distance
- Time & Work
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra
- Data distribution
- A diagrammatic representation of data
- Moments and relationships- skewness, kurtosis
4. General Studies- Finance & Economics
- Economics-Macro & Micro Economics, Growth & Development
- Market analysis- production, demand, supply
- Indian Economy
- Economic reforms
- Money and banking
- Role of Technology in reforming the Economic domain
The main aim of the Tier III exam is to evaluate the candidates’ language proficiency, vocabulary usage, grammar knowledge, and writing skills in English/Hindi. The topics for this exam can be related to current affairs and sensitive matters like- Demonetization, Terrorism, women empowerment, Right to equality, freedom of women in a country like India, etc. Candidates need to write precis, essays, applications, letters, passages as a part of the qualification for this exam.
SSC CGL Syllabus of tier 4:
- Data Entry Speed test: This test gives a post for Tax Assistant (Central and Excise). It consists of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depression per hour on the Computer and 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depression per hour on the Computer.
- Computer Proficiency Test: The post that comes under this test are: Assistant Section Officer of Central Secretariat Service (CSS), Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Assistant Section Officer (MEA), and Assistant (GSI) in the Ministry of Mines.
THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF SSC IS: https://ssc.nic.in/
Some Important Points for SSC CGL Exam Pattern:
- As per the SSC exam pattern for the CGL exam, in Tier-I, there is a negative mark of 0.50 for each wrong answer
- In Tier-II, there is a negative mark of 0.25 for each wrong answer in Paper-II i.e. English Language and Comprehension, and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III, and Paper-IV.
- In Tier-II, Paper-I and Paper-II are compulsory for all the posts.
- The Commission reserves the right to make changes in the scheme of examination.
- As per the SSC CGL Exam Pattern, in Tier-II, Paper-III will be for only those candidates who apply for the post of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for this Post/ Paper.
- In Tier-II, Paper-IV will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-IV i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
- The SSC CGL Exam Pattern has Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification that is conducted as per the provisions of the notice of examination.