SSC also termed as Staff Selection Commission is a body drafted under the Government of India for the recruitment of staff for various posts in the various ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in Subordinate offices. This commission is an attached office of the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) which consists of the Chairman, two Members, and a Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations. His post is equivalent to the level of Additional Secretary to the Government of India.
SSC (Staff Selection Commission) has its headquarters located in New Delhi. At present, it has seven Regional offices at Prayagraj, Mumbai, Guwahati, Kolkata, Chennai, New Delhi, and Bangalore. It also has two Sub- Regional offices at Raipur and Chandigarh.
Parliament’s Estimates committee recommended the setting up of a Service Selection Commission in its 47th report (1967–68) for conducting examinations to recruit lower categories of posts. Later, on 4 November 1975, in the Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms, the Government of India constituted a commission called Subordinate Service Commission. The functions of the Staff Selection Commission were redefined by The Government of India through the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances. Then the new constitution and functions of the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) came into effect from 1 June 1999. Every year SSC conducts the SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination for recruiting non-gazetted officers to various government jobs. On 26 September 1977, Subordinate Services Commission was renamed as Staff Selection Commission.
The current chairman of SSC is IAs Braj Raj Sharma, who joined on 24 October 2019.
Official website of SSC: https://ssc.nic.in/
One can easily apply for exams through this site, download admits cards, answer keys as well as see their results.
Exams conducted by SSC
SSC currently functions as a subordinate office of DOPT and is mainly engaged in conducting competitive exams for recruitment to various posts in the SSC departments, organizations. In the previous years, SSC has conducted various exams as given below
- SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination (SSC CGL)
- SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam (SSC CHSL)
- Junior Engineer
- Junior Hindi Translator
- SSC GD Constable
- Selection Post
- SI (Central Police Organization)
- SSC Multitasking Staff
- Stenographer C & D
SSC ELIGIBILITY 2020
- Age limit
- Educational Qualification
- Check for CGL at https://www.shiksha.com/sarkari-exams/ssc/articles/ssc-cgl-eligibility-blogId-25015
- Check for CHSL at https://www.shiksha.com/sarkari-exams/ssc/articles/ssc-chsl-eligibility-2020-blogId-26577
- Check for GD at https://www.shiksha.com/sarkari-exams/ssc/articles/ssc-gd-eligibility-2020-blogId-39607
- Check for JE at https://www.shiksha.com/sarkari-exams/ssc/articles/ssc-je-eligibility-2020-blogId-32269
EXAM DATES 2020
- SSC CHSL 2019-20 (Tier-I) (only for leftover candidates) – 12-Oct-2020 to 16-Oct-2020, 19-Oct-2020 to 21-Oct-2020, 26-Oct-2020.
- SSC JE 2019-20 (Paper-I) – 27-Oct-2020 to 30-Oct-2020
- SSC CGL 2019-20 (Tier-II) – 02-Nov-2020 to 05-Nov-2020
- SSC Stenographer 2019-20 -16-Nov-2020 to 18-Nov-2020
- SSC JHT 2020 (Paper-I) – 19-Nov-2020
- SSC CGL 2019-20 (Tier-III) – 22-Nov-2020
- SSC CPO 2020 (Paper-I) – 23-Nov-2020 to 26-Nov-2020
- SSC GD 2020 (CBT) – 27-Nov-2020 to 14-Dec-2020
- SSC JHT 2020 (Paper-II) – 31-Jan-2021
- SSC CPO 2020 (Paper-II)- 01-Mar-2021
- The rest papers are either postponed or their date is yet to be announced.
- Official website: https://ssc.nic.in/
- Previous year question papers: https://sscportal.in/cgl/tier-1/papers
- GET SSC GD SYLLABUS HERE: www.naukripakad.com/ssc-gd-syllabus/
- GET SSC JE SYLLABUS HERE: www.naukripakad.com/ssc-je-syllabus/
- GET SSC CPO SYLLABUS HERE: www.naukripakad.com/ssc-cpo-syllabus/
- GET SSC CGL SYLLABUS HERE: www.naukripakad.com/ssc-cgl-exam-syllabus/
- GET SSC CHSL SYLLABUS HERE: www.naukripakad.com/ssc-chsl-syllabus/
- GET SSC MTS & STENOGRAPHER SYLLABUS HERE: www.naukripakad.com/ssc-mts-stenographer-syllabus/
- Read the full syllabus of UPSC at https://www.naukripakad.com/syllabus-of-ias-ips-irs-upsc-exam/