UPSC CSE exam is conducted in three stages:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
The preliminary exam has two paper under it:
- General Studies
- Civil Service Aptitude Test m(CSAT)
Both the above two papers are conducted separately and are objective papers of two hours each.
GENERAL STUDIES DETAILS:
- There are 100 questions of 200 marks.
- There is a negative marking for the wrong answer and 1/3rd marks of that question marks are deducted for answering wrong.
- To qualify, the candidate must get at least 66 marks or 33% in the paper.
- Current event of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement (INM).
- Indian and World Geography- Physical, Social, Economic, the geography of India and the world.
- Indian polity and Governance- Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development- Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives.
- General issues on environmental ecology, biodiversity, and climate change that do require subject specialization.
- General Science.
VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF UPSC: https://www.upsc.gov.in/
CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST DETAILS:
- There are 80 questions of 200 marks.
- The correct answer fetches 2.5 marks while the wrong answer deducts 0.833 marks.
- To qualify, the candidate must secure 66 marks or 33% in this paper also.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relation, orders of magnitude of class 10 level).
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. of class 10 level).
- In this, there are a total of 9 paper which is if 1750 marks.
- Each paper is of 3 hours.
- There are 2 qualifying papers, 1 essay paper, 4 general studies paper, and 2 optional subjects papers.
SEE ALL OTHER DETAILS OF UPSC HERE: https://www.naukripakad.com/know-everything-about-upsc/
- There are two papers in it.
- each paper is of 300 marks.
- A candidate must secure at least 25% marks in them to qualify.
- the two papers are of: a) ANY INDIAN LANGUAGE b) ENGLISH LANGUAGE PAPER
Structure of English language Paper:
- Essay (100 marks)
- Comprehension (60 marks)
- Precis (60 marks)
- Translation (English to Hindi and vice versa) (40 marks)
- Grammar ( 40 marks)
- Two ESSAY papers of 125 marks
- GENERAL STUDIES I of 250 marks
- GENERAL STUDIES II of 250 marks
- GENERAL STUDIES III of 250 marks
- GENERAL STUDIES IV of 250 marks
- OPTIONAL PAPER I AND II of 250 marks each
SYLLABUS OF GENERAL STUDIES:
GS I- Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the world and society.
GS II- Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice, International relations.
GS III- Technology, Economic Development, Biodiversity, Disaster management.
GS IV- Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude.
The cut-off marks of these above-mentioned papers are declared by UPSC each year according to a particular set of instructions.
It is basically a personality test which is of 275 marks.
TO READ MORE SUCH ARTICLES, CLICK HERE.