JEE or Joint Entrance Examination is an engineering entrance assessment conducted for admission to various engineering colleges across India. It is constituted by two different examinations:
- The JEE Main
- The JEE Advanced
In the year 1960, the test was perceived and conducted for the first time. It was then named as Common Entrance Exam (CEE), but later it was re-named as JEE (Joint Entrance Exam).
There was a proposal to replace the Joint Entrance Exam in 2010, in which many participating IITs turned down. Later, the Joint Admission Board (JAB) adopted a new admission policy in meeting at IIT Delhi. Thus from 2013, the admission into the 16 IITs and Bachelor’s program of ISM Dhanbad started to take place in a two-step test- JEE Main and JEE Advanced. Candidates are given weight-age in the ratio of 60:40. To get admission in IITs, NITs, and CFTIs, a student would need to score 75% marks in the 12th examination or should be in the top 20 percentile in the respective board. However, SC/ST candidates are required to score at least 65% marks.
As per the latest information, JEE is conducted twice a year in two parts:
- JEE Mains: January and April (6 attempts)
- JEE Advanced: May (2 attempts)
JEE MAINS RELATED DETAILS:
- JEE mains is a computer-based online test.
- JEE mains is conducted by NATIONAL TESTING AGENCY (NTA).
- It is conducted twice a year, once in January and then in April
- Exam duration is 3 hours.
- A student has maximum 6 attempts to clear this exam.
- Programmes offered after clearing this test: B.E/B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Planning (different papers)
- Exam is conducted in three languages: English, Hindi, and Gujrati.
- Paper has 20 MCQs and 5 numerical based questions each for Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.
- Correct answer fetch +4, -1 for incorrect answers and 0 for unanswered questions.
JEE ADVANCE RELATED DETAILS:
- JEE ADVANCED is a computer-based online test.
- JEE Advanced is conducted by IIT DELHI.
- It is conducted once a year.
- There are two paper in JEE Advanced: PAPER 1 and PAPER 2, each of 3 hours.
- Students who clear JEE Mains cutoff, are the only ones who can appear for JEE Advanced.
- A student can appear only twice for this exam.
- Programmes offered after clearing this exam: B.E/B.Tech, B.Arch, and 5 years Integrated Courses.
- Exam is conducted in two languages: English and Hindi.
- There question are objective with single or multiple correct answers, matching list and numerical based questions.
- Correct answer can fetch +4, +3, +2, +1 accordingly, -2 for wrong answer and 0 for unattempted questions.
- WHEN BEGIN JEE/NEET PREPARATION: https://www.naukripakad.com/when-begin-jee-neet-preparation/
- OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF NATIONAL TESTING AGENCY: https://www.nta.ac.in/
- OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF JEE MAIN: https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/webinfo/public/home.aspx
- OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF JEE ADVANCED: https://jeeadv.ac.in/
- IIT DELHI OFFICIAL WEBSITE: https://home.iitd.ac.in/