NEET or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG (Undergraduate) is an all India entrance examination for all the 12th passes students who wish to study undergraduate medical courses like MBBS as well as dental courses like BDS from some reputed government or private dental and medical colleges.
It is an undergraduate test for the student which was formerly known as the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT).
The official website of NEET is: https://ntaneet.nic.in/ntaneet/welcome.aspx
NEET as like JEE is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) but earlier, before 2019, it was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in partnership with Prometric Testing Pvt Ltd (headquarters in the US).
NEET-UG is a single entrance test for admissions to more than 66,000 MBBS and BDS seats across India. In 2018, around 80% of the candidates wrote NEET-UG in English, 11% in Hindi, 4.31% in Gujarati, 3% in Bengali, and 1.86% in Tamil.
After the enactment of the NMC Act 2019 in September 2019, NEET-UG became a common all India entrance test for admissions to medical colleges in India including the All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) which until then conducted separate entrances.
EXAMINATION RELATED DETAILS
- There are a total of 180 questions asked in the exam, 45 questions each from Physics and Chemistry, 90 questions from Biology.
- Each correct response fetches 4 marks and each incorrect response gets -1 negative marking.
- The exam duration is 3 hours (180mins).
- The exam is of 720 marks (maximum marks).
- NEET-UG syllabus consists of the core concepts of Physics, Chemistry and Biology taught in classes 11 and 12 as prescribed by the NCERT.
- The application form for General and OBC is Rs 1400, for ST, SC is Rs 750, and for PWD quota in General, OBC, SC, and ST is Rs 750.
- TO KNOW NEET EXAMINATION TOPICS, CLICK HERE.
- NEET 2020 is conducted offline in pen and paper-based mode on Sep 13.
- The eligibility criteria should also be fulfilled during the time of admission or counseling process.
- The number of attempts limit has also been removed from NEET eligibility. Candidates can appear for the entrance exam as many times as they would like to only if they are eligible.
- Candidates who have passed or are appearing in class 12th or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English as core subjects from a recognized board.
- Candidates who have taken biology as an additional subject are also eligible to apply.
- NEET Question Paper was available in any of the following 11 languages: English, Hindi, Tamil, Oriya, Assamese, Kannada, Bengali, Marathi, Urdu, Gujarati, and Telugu language.